On this page, you will find resources
to support your study and yoga practices.
Daily practice is an illustrated guide prepared by Eliot to help those wishing to establish a daily yoga practice. Dowload the guide here
This guide has been reduced in size to accomodate the web site and reduce the downloading time, but if you want the original version with high resolution pictures, click here).
New guides and audio files, as recorded by Eliot
Each link will bring you to a page where you can listen to instructions. The first three letters of the audio instructions files ENG indicates the ones recorded in English. For the Heal and Restore yoga practice, use the file ending with number 2 for English (number 1 is in French). Enjoy!
Level 1, click here
Level 2, cliquez here
Heal and Restore yoga, click here
Below you will find the mantra that Eliot uses at the begining of each class, and its signification
PRAYER FOR PEACE AND UNDERSTANDING
PRIERE POUR LA PAIX ET LA COMPREHENSION
Oṃ saha nāvavatu
saha nau bhunaktu
saha vīryam karavāvahai
oṃ śāntiḥ śāntiḥ śāntiḥ
May we, the student and the student, the teacher and the
teacher, be protected together!
May we savor the fruits of our practice and study together!
May we achieve strength and vitality and divine steadiness
May our knowledge be full of the great Light of Consciousness!
May there never arise enmity, nor opposition , nor hatred
May there be Peace! May there be Peace! May there be Peace!
ŚĀNTI MANTRA : to listen, click here
Audio and video teachings
The Aylmer Yoga Center now offers all students who want to know more about yoga the chance to borrow books from a selection of leading works on the yogic tradition. We have books in French and English. Come check out what we have!
Instructions on how to borrow a book
1. Choose a book
2. Open to the back cover and remove the colored card in the library pocket
3. Write down the due date (3 weeks from today) and your name on the colored card and write the due date on the white sheet of the library pocket in the book (for your reference)
4. Put the colored card into the designated box on the shelf
To return the book
1. Find the colored card that belongs to the book in the designated box on the shelf
2. Slide it into the library pocket in the back cover of the book
3. Put the book back on the shelf