Ghaëtan's classes start on
Saturday, January 23, 2016
YOGA AND SELF AWARENESS (FR)
January 23 to April 2, 2016 (10 weeks)
This class’s focus is on the systematic observation and cultivation of self-awareness. Attention, the capacity to remain present with the self, is key throughout the process. Through sustained attention, the yoga practitioner maintains a focus in the here and now, allowing him or her to fully experience the posture at physical, emotional and cognitive levels.
Observation and self-awareness are foundational for the process, in which eventually the practitioner is lead to a deeper understanding of his or her existential nature and ultimately to awaken to his or her profound level of being.
The practice contains the following aspects:
- Create a center space within which to observe what is happening within during the postures.
- Develop a capacity to be attentive to what is being experienced physically, emotionally and mentally (mental activity).
- Welcome what is being observed, from one’s own standpoint, in order to have a better understanding of the self.
- Integrate the new understandings.
- Avoid judgment, analysis, criticism or condemnation of what is being observed.
- Bring yoga to daily life. From an observation of the self in a posture to an observation of the self in daily posture, such as driving, housecleaning, walking, etc.
Please note Ghaëtan's courses are given in French
Ghaëtan is offering a free afternoon of introduction to this class. More info here
About Ghaëtan : click here
Ghaëtan's schedule and fee info here