Health and cookies
Health and cookies
We often seek a miracle cure for our ailments, a pill that will quickly take away whatever the disease. However, there is no "ready-made" solution to guard us against the many chronic diseases that are currently proliferating. Dr. Brouillard invites us to take charge of our health by adopting a global vision that reconciles body, heart and mind. Relying on scientific research, he challenges our perception of the body and its surroundings it by explaining how our lifestyle, environment, emotional and mental dispositions and even spiritual practices affect our well-being on a daily basis. Drawing on Western medicine as well as ancestral wisdom and oriental traditions, he suggests possible solutions to prevent disease and increase vitality. From this perspective, health becomes an art of living to cultivate here and now.
Available (in French only) here or in libraries
Gingerbread cookies for the Holidays
Every year, Eliot prepares delicious gingerbread cookies for the Holiday period and she has kindly and joyously agreed to share it with us all. So, go get your aprons and start cooking!
- 6 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup dark-brown sugar
- 4 tsp. ground ginger
- 4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 11/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 11/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup unsulfured molasses
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside
- In bowl of electric mixer, cream butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Mix in spices, salt and pepper, then eggs and molasses. Add in flour mixture on low speed. Divide into thirds; wrap in plastic. Chill at least 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350ºF. On a floured work surface, roll out dough 1/8 inch thick. Cut into desired shapes. Transfer to baking sheets buttered or lined with parchment paper. Bake 8-10 minutes, or until firm but not darkened. Cool and decorate. Bon appétit!
Bobby Clennel's monthly yoga
Illustration : BOBBY CLENNELL © bobbyclennell.com/MYoga.html
Bobby Clennell is a very inspiring yoga teacher. She has written several books on yoga for women and she teaches with wisdom, enthusiasm and a great sense of humour. I took a wonderful weekend workshop with Bobby last summer when she came to Ottawa, hosted by my teacher Barbara Young. I learned so much!
So, here is a little bit of Bobby's creativity and wisdom for you! Please make sure to read her helpful hints and advice for each āsana as you go along.
May we all be inspired!